Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Goodbye

How comforting it must be to live your way
Never contemplating nor trying to understand me
Secure in knowing I am in your presence each and every day
Despite complaints that I have been feeling lonely

In retaliation, you insult me openly, you are such a disgrace
How funny, nothing you say can protect you
In the end I will have on the happy face
There will be no heart on this sleeve you can hold on to

Sadness will leave you marked ill and alone
Being left behind and forgotten once you can't use your hand
What once could have been a good life and a happy home
Will become your death's bed even before you command

And when the time where you finally seek out affection
And you want to be a part of my day
I will be walking out the door happy and without affliction
While you cry out in fear of losing the person you had no problem to betray

No comments:

Post a Comment