Monday, October 26, 2009

Searching For A Good Read

I was at the bookstore searching for something new. There were so many genres to choose from, so many new ideas too. I picked up one after another - browsing. Still, I could not choose. Isn't it funny? Sometimes people are treated like books. They pick up one and sometimes they leaf through it. Others are enchanted by the pictures, only to become disappointed when they read it. The brave ones dare to start at the beginning and work their way through to fruition.

The careless ones are those that concern me.

He judges a book by its cover or gets bored half way through. He picks it up for a time, and then he drops it. Worse still is when he skips the pages just to get to the climax so he can finish and leave it behind. Why does he leave the book behind?

I guess choosing the right book is as difficult as choosing the right reader. No one really knows what suits them until they take a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment