Sunday, August 9, 2009

Don't

Don’t touch me because you have to, or because I ask you
Just touch me because you need to and because you want to

Don’t wake me up for coffee, snacks, or only to care for the baby
Wake me up to love me, to tell me I drive you crazy

Don’t call me to run an errand, or ask me what I am cooking
Call me to say you love me, to say I am good-looking

Don’t take all my affections and use them as you will
Remember I need fulfillment too; I am a woman still

Don’t excuse yourself from blame or for why I might feel alone
I shouldn’t have to look for you; I am not made of stone

Don’t ask me what might be essential, only to complain that you need space
You should try instead to please me, not slap me in the face

Don’t wonder why I am leaving you and why I will not stay
My love was taken for granted, so I have to walk away

No comments:

Post a Comment