Monday, August 17, 2009

Night Terrors

I tiptoe through the house anxiously. Night has fallen and I am afraid. I see them through the corner of my eyes; they are taunting me. They float around the mirrors, demanding my attention. I dare not acknowledge that I notice their presence. Quickly I pass the foyer to enter my bedroom and to hide underneath the covers. I sigh with relief that I have made it, only to sense their shadows hovering closer to me. I tightly shut my eyes.

Although my eyes are shut, I see a sly smile. I see hands that are glowing red as an ember. I panic with the thought of their making a move to capture me. I turn to my side and my mate sleeps calmly. I burrow deep into his back to seek comfort. It will be hours before light comes. I hope I can survive through this evening . . .

The midnight bell sounds softly, and I awake suddenly. I am not where I was before. It is dark and I hear whispers all around me. I try to breathe, but it is too painful. I cannot move; they must have caught me. I look around and barely catch a glimpse of light. Squinting, I notice my bedroom before me, my mate sleeping soundly despite my despair.

There is a burning sensation engulfing me, shadows dancing wildly in the air. The pain is getting more intense, rising up between my thighs. I try to wriggle free, but the experience becomes more painful. I open my mouth to scream out for help, but it is too late. They dive into my mouth instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment