Friday, February 5, 2010

Where Did The Bitch Come From?

While growing up, most girls would play with dolls, enjoy tea parties, pretend they were cooking, or play "House." They sometimes had “babies” that they would care for when they played together. Never, while growing up, did they decide they would be “bitches.”

When I was little, I watched life through a window. Behind my security blanket of glass, I would experience adventures and sadness without the blink of an eye. When I became a teenager, I evolved. I was 13 years old. The summer was full of excitement and adventure. I was going into high school in the Fall! That was the summer when I fell for a complete asshole (he was 18 years old). Of course, at the end of the summer he left me for a younger girl (she was 12 - he became obsessed with virgins after he broke me). I grew up fast.

I became outspoken, aggressive and wild. You could say the animal that was caged within me all those years (hey, to a 13 year old, that is a long time!) finally broke free. My first love led me to become a bitch. It took me 15 years to figure that one out. I hurt quite a few guys and I got bit back. A vicious circle that took years to control (actually, I am still working on it - smile).

I read tons of articles. Mostly bullshit, but some stories were rather interesting. For example, did you know cereal was invented to treat masturbation? Masturbation was considered an illness at one point in history. Some fools (physicians of the time) actually decided that part of the problem was hot breakfasts. Also, I recall reading about a point in time when women were sent to see professional physicians, or placed in asylums if their symptoms were severe, to treat their “insanity” (later to be termed sexuality and orgasms). How is that for a slap in the face?

We work just as hard as men (we actually work harder), but maintain a presence of compliance and submission. Then, to add insults to injury, we fight for our rights to be treated as equals. “He” gave it to us all right: we now work all day for half the pay, compete against men for employment, and return to our homes for our next “shift” as wife, cook, and mother. So much for equal rights. Sexist bastards.

Should we blame ourselves for all that has happened to us? Did we ask for it? You really think so?

I believe that there was an influence in our lives as we grew up. A dad, an uncle or perhaps a friend of the family? Someone who might have subliminally suggested that we, as girls, would some day grow up to date that type of character. He could be a nice guy, or he could be an asshole. That all depends on how you grew up. Period.

Do you believe Man created the “Bitch?”

No comments:

Post a Comment