Thursday, September 3, 2009

Dead Song

Taking on the darkness
you left me in the ground
feeling the pain inside me
the thorns are all around

I felt the sorrow engulf me
From love there is no escape
You didn’t have a place for us
Still cutting the red tape

I will not embrace hope
I cannot fathom grace
death is not my enemy
the worms caress my face

Hell is where I used to be
I was dying in your arms
What will I do next, you ask?
beguile you with my charms

I walk on instead with my deadly friends
where life is a phase and the spirit is strong
there lies a space that has never been defined
while humming my dead song

Console yourself with maddening memories of self
blame others for all that you lose
Feel no shame for all you took from me
Soon you will pay your dues

Til then, I will lie in your arms
Despair and death entwined
Haunting, daunting, engulfing you
Until you lose your mind

No comments:

Post a Comment