Monday, September 14, 2009

A Good Night to Love

The courtyard was illuminated by the moon. A full, proud, Goddess, she provided direction in the darkness. Gazing out of the window, I decide to go for a stroll so that I can fully appreciate what the night has to offer.

The passage to the courtyard is dark and cold. Peering out through the window, I notice a shadow. It did not frighten me, but it aroused me - so lithe while floating near the moonlight. The shadow continued gracefully, nearing the light, then gently floating away. Opening the door, I continue toward the shadow in hopes that I could see more.

The night flowers are dancing. Their honey and lavender scents encompass me. The cool breeze massages my face. I walk out into the courtyard to search for my newfound friend. I captured a glance of her hair in the moonlight. It flowed carelessly around her shoulders, raven locks that reflected the light. She turned to face me from the distance, and I notice her eyes. They glowed, glistening emeralds with a gaze that was as sharp as daggers. I catch a glimpse of her face, pale as death. She turned swiftly and she moved away. I crept up slowly, trying not to lose her again. She turns to look at me again, a smile on her red, glistening, lips. She appeared to be whispering to me, but I could not hear her voice.

I muster up the courage to continue after her, enraptured by her deadening beauty. I breathe heavily, excited to get closer. I want to hold her, this stranger that has captured the night and my passions. I move forward, anxious to see her near me.

She is not far from me now. She beckons for me to get closer. I continue to move in her direction, dazed by the moonlight surrounding her silhouette. It seems endless, this path through the courtyard that leads to her. Finally, I am within her reach. She opens her arms and nods for me to move closer. Gracefully, she reaches for me as I fall over the cliff.

No comments:

Post a Comment